These are delicious Dutch cookies that will take you around two and half hours to prepare them. You will get 12 servings, each of which contains calories.
- • vanilla extract, divided (1 1/4 tsp.)
- • ground cinnamon (1 tsp.)
- • sifted powdered sugar (1 1/4 cups)
- • butter (3 1/2 tbsp.)
- • bittersweet chocolate, chopped (4 oz.)
- • white sugar (1 3/4 cups)
- • egg whites (8 pieces)
- • almond meals (5 1/4 cups)
- • zest (from 1 lemon)
- Step 1
- Prepare a bowl and beat in eight whites until they are foamy. Add in the sugar (1 3/4 cups), and keep beating until you get stiff peaks. Now you need to fold in the cinnamon (1 tsp.), almond meal (5 1/4 cups), zest of one lemon, and vanilla (1 tsp).
- Step 2
- Place the parchment paper on the bottom of a baking sheet. Place the prepared mixture to a piping bag that has a plain tip. Pipe it into ladyfingers about 3 in. long. Set the kitchen appliance aside and leave the mixture dry for around 2 h.
- Step 3
- Preheat your oven to 320°F (160°C). Place cookies in the oven.
- Step 4
- Bake until dried but not browned. It should take around 15-20 min. Remove and leave cookies aside to cool.
- Step 5
- Now you need to make the filling by beating the butter (3 1/2 tbsp.) along with powdered sugar (1 1/4 cups) until you get a smooth mixture. Add in the vanilla (1/4 tsp.) and stir.
- Step 6
- Melt the chocolate (4 oz.).
- Step 7
- Spread the cream on over each of the cookies. Now you need to join two cookies to make a sandwich. Place both ends of the double-cookies in the chocolate. Leave them to dry on paper.